In December 2013, the Catholic humanitarian aid network Caritas launched the One Human Family, Food for All campaign. This global campaign:
• Raises awareness of hunger crises
• Explores how Caritas programmes are helping families feed themselves
• Encourages regular people to learn more about hunger and ways to solve it
• Calls on governments around the world to guarantee a right to food for all
• Aims to end systemic hunger by 2025.
In a message supporting the campaign’s launch, Pope Francis said, “We are in front of a global scandal of around one billion – one billion people who still suffer from hunger today. We cannot look the other way and pretend this does not exist.”